you may have figured it out from my post several months back ..
i love tutus!!
- Avoid over the top ballerina references by choosing a top that’s minimally leotard-like. A fitted white capsleeve blouse with chunky fake pearls is cool. A plain fitted tee also works, as does a tee with some embellishment at the neck. You can even do a white racerback tank as long as you do some sort of rough and chunky necklace to keep it from all being too sweet. We like a multi-strand gunmetal or silver chain necklace.
- Choose a super high heel instead of flats. If your shirt’s simple and you don’t want to look too dressed up, a black patent round toe pump works well. If you’re going all out, a strappy, rough-looking sandal is the way to go.
- Add a slim boyfriend blazer to the mix. Nothing too short or over-sized, please.
- Even think about wearing a leotard with that tutu.
- Wear shoes that lace around the ankle, you’ll be getting too literal.
- Carry a tote or over-large bag with this outfit, it’ll look too heavy.
- Get too cutesy with the accessories. Strong cuffs, chunky rings and bad ass necklaces are the key. Delicate jewelry and hair accessories are to be avoided, you’re already wearing a tutu, after all.
- Wear a loose top with your tutu. The skirt’s already voluminous and you’ll look over-large if you don’t go with a fitted shirt.
[taken from http://www.thefrisky.com/post/246-how-to-wear-a-tutu-without-looking-silly1/]